Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: outfit prices

  1. #11
    Inactive Member ksami's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    447
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [quote]Originally posted by cami713:
    ksami, does Nellie's headband thingy fit around your head? I was thinking I would deffinitly wear it around the house (I'm a dork), but I don't know if it would even fit, not that I have a big head, but compared to an 8 year old, I suppose I do, lol.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, I couldn't get it on the way it's shown on the girl in the catalog/online pics. I had several of these kinds of cloth headbands when I was younger and the technique I always used to put them on was: to slide it over your head so that it lay like a necklace around your neck, then take the front of the "necklace" and pull it up over your face and onto your hairline. Did that even make any sense? Well, that's how I put Nellie's on. It was a little difficult getting hers to to look neat with the bangs and all. But I couldn't fit mine on my head that way (and I don't think I have *that* big of a head!). So I just wore it like a crown. I looked pretty dorky in the mirror. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    Unfortunately the step-dance dress was an item I had to send back for an exchange, and I'm still waiting to get my new one in the mail. The first time I tried to take the dress off of Nellie, the sleeve ripped! I wasn't pulling that hard either. It ripped near the wrist where the light and dark green materials meet. I was so disappointed. I hadn't even had it half an hour yet and I had to send it back. [img]frown.gif[/img] Of course, that didn't stop me from playing with the shoes and headbands a bit more before shipping it off. [img]wink.gif[/img] It may very well be possible to get the girl-sized headband on if you stretch it enough. But after the dress incident I didn't feel like pushing my luck.

  2. #12
    Evette
    Guest Evette's Avatar

    Wink

    An extra 2-3 dollars certainly does add up, especially with the shipping levels.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">BINGO! Good Point!!! [img]wink.gif[/img]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member lscogbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    713
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by monimarine:
    The $34 is still making me hesitate even though it has so many pieces and is versatile.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't know how (or even if) this changes your opinion, but my DD has this outfit and has made two outfits out of it. She just zips up the jacket so another shirt isn't needed and finds another pair of shoes. It really is like getting two outfits for one price.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree that the prices are getting really high and it's almost ridiculous. Pretty soon we'll be spending $32-$34 for one outfit! [img]mad.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ September 03, 2005 08:17 PM: Message edited by: AGfanatic ]</font>

  5. #15
    Inactive Member allthingsag's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    210
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    With the price of gas going up you are going to see everything going up in price. You don't realize how much it affects our lives. Everything we eat, drink, wear, play with, work with, etc. has to be shipped from somewhere to somewhere to somewhere before it comes to us. It all gets absorbed into the final cost. I don't like it any better than the rest but that is what we must all face. Maybe some of you can get rid of those SUV's.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member wildpony's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2005
    Posts
    570
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am glad i'm not the only one who feels this way
    !

  7. #17
    Inactive Member ksami's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    447
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think it's strange because not even a year ago, AG came out with Nellie and Samantha's Valentines dresses for a great price - $20 for Sam's, which was only the dress, and really not a bad price as far as AG clothes goes. But it was a mere $22 for Nellie's, which included shoes, stockings, a hairbow, and a necklace! Maybe they price things higher the more popular they expect them to be??

  8. #18
    Inactive Member Starearedkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2005
    Posts
    617
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know-I remember those prices last year on Samantha and Nellie's spring dresses. I actually got Nellies because I thought hers was a much better deal then Samanthas!

    -Jordyn

  9. #19
    AmericanGirlLover2982
    Guest AmericanGirlLover2982's Avatar

    Post

    I agree with you that it outragous that they had to raise the prices, its not much of a raise but still it does effect the wallet, when you think about it, during these such as hard times in this country fincially. This country is in a crisis right now because of Katrina things are going to go up in price. They have to raise their prices too.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ September 03, 2005 12:42 PM: Message edited by: All American Girl 2982 ]</font>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •